Chili cookoff at SC Sunday
The Scott City Lions Club will sponsor its annual chili cookoff on Sun., Feb. 17, 5:00-7:00 p.m., at the Wm. Carpenter 4-H Building.
Deadline for entries is Fri., Feb. 15.
There is no cost for teams to enter. However, anyone from the public wanting to sample chili will need to pay admission of $5.
All funds remain with the Lions Club for local events.
Tickets are being sold for a chance to win $1,000 in Chamber Bucks along with numerous other prizes. Tickets are $10 each.
The grand prize winner does not need to be present to win.
Anyone needing more information can contact Skip Numrich or Landon Frank at 872-2143.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Countdown to Christmas
News This Week
- Technology gets a big push with grants - Dec. 5, 2013
- Searching for suspect in robbery at Heartland - Dec. 5, 2013
- City may tackle airport hangar space - Nov. 27, 2013
- Holiday shopping at home does make a difference - Nov. 27, 2013
- Santa will be in SC Saturday - Nov. 27, 2013
- Rates double for highest water users - Nov. 21, 2013
- El Dos Sports Bar, bowling alley to reopen in Scott City - Nov. 21, 2013
- More demand on local Breadbasket - Nov. 21, 2013
- USD 466 band director rescinds resignation; still released by BOE - Nov. 16, 2013
- SCHS instructor helps adults with ESL skills - Nov. 14, 2013