Death of 20-year-old is under KBI investigation
State law enforcement officials are investigating the death of a 20-year-old Garden City woman, found dead in Scott City on Jan. 17.
The Kansas Bureau of Investigation reports that Sherree Kaye Smith, 20, was observed unresponsive by a passing motorist outside Cowboy Cabins, located in the 500 block of East Fifth Street in Scott City.
She was transported to the Scott County Hospital where she was later pronounced dead.
The KBI and the Scott City Police Department are investigating the case. The cause of death is unknown pending results of an autopsy.
Investigators are attempting to locate Smith’s vehicle which is described as a gold 1999 Ford Taurus with Kansas license plate 617 DOT.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact the Scott City Police Department at (620) 872-2133 or the Kansas Bureau of Investigation at (785) 296-8200.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
News This Week
- Putting final touches on SC wellness center - Oct. 23, 2014
- a Kansas walkabout - Oct. 23, 2014
- County, Waste Connections pursue recycling - Oct. 16, 2014
- New ER procedure to take effect at SC Hospital - Oct. 16, 2014
- Neighborhood Revitalization rebates approach $1M in county - Oct. 9, 2014
- Familiar themes during district tour - Oct. 9, 2014
- Demolition set to begin for historic building - Oct. 2, 2014
- Whimmydiddleâ€™s reputation makes it a top choice for first-time crafters, veterans - Oct. 2, 2014