Barbara Ann Herrera
Barbara Ann Herrera, 49, Garden City, died Feb. 24, 2013, at her home.
She was born June 17, 1963, at Goodland, the daughter of Eugene and Verlene (Clark) Taylor.
She moved with her family to Leoti when she was eight-years-old.
She lived in Wyoming for a couple of years before returning to southwest Kansas in 1982. She lived in Leoti, Scott City and moved to Garden City in 2010.
She worked as a certified nurses aide (CNA) and also worked at a grocery store while living in Scott City.
On Feb. 16, 1980, she married Pete Herrera, Jr., at Scott City. He survives.
Other survivors include: two sons Miguel and Dominic, both of Garden City; three daughters, Angela Johnson and Anita Vestal, both of Scott City, and Teresa Browning, Denver, Colo.; four brothers, Tom and Tracey, both of Blue Earth, Minn., Ted, Winslow, Ariz., and Tim, Amarillo, Tex.; two sisters, Eugina McNamara, Omaha, Nebr., and Mary Taylor, McPherson; and eight grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; step-father, William Cornner, and one son, Pete Herrera, III.
Memorial service will be held Sat., March 2, 3:00 p.m., at Garnand Funeral Home, Garden City, with Bishop James Jeager officiating.
A private family interment will take place at a later date.
There will be no visitation.
Memorials may be sent to the Barbara Herrera Memorial Fund in care of Garnand Funeral Home, 412 N. 7th St., Garden City, Ks. 67846.
E-condolences may be given at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- - Joseph BerningApr. 20, 2017
- - Grace B. CristApr. 20, 2017
- - Lawrence D. ‘Larry’ DeardenApr. 20, 2017
- - Eugene A. PenkaApr. 13, 2017
- - Sheila M. BieberleApr. 13, 2017
- - Frank Paul (Sr.)Apr. 13, 2017
- - Perry Marvis OwensApr. 13, 2017
- - George E. AndrasekApr. 13, 2017
- - Allan KeyseApr. 13, 2017
- - Lucille D. DirksApr. 6, 2017
- - Edwin L. AllenApr. 6, 2017
- - Marc M. MitchellApr. 6, 2017