Bessie Irene Burch
Bessie Irene Burch, 95, died Feb. 3, 2013, at the Wichita County Health Center, Leoti.
She was born Feb. 6, 1917, at her family homestead in rural
Wichita County, the daughter of Roy and Helen (Graham) Elder.
A lifetime resident of Wichita County, she was a homemaker.
She was a member of the Assembly of God Church, Leoti.
On Sept. 26, 1934, she married Lee Burch at Leoti. Lee died April 22, 1993, at Tribune.
Survivors include: five daughters, Wilma Martin, and husband, Ron, and Betty Radloff and husband, Craig, all of Ulysses, Phyllis Lane and husband, Art, Eads, Colo., Edith Taylor and husband, Dick, and Patsy Riley and husband, Bill, all of Leoti; five sons, Jack and wife, Mildred, and Glen and wife, Kelma, all of Leoti, Lester and wife, Lyla, Hartshorne, Okla., Alva and wife, Nancy, Holcomb, and Ken and wife, SueNell, Ingalls; two sisters, Alice Summers and Neva Duncan, both of Leoti; 64 grandchildren, 106 great-grandchildren and 33 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, six brothers, three sisters, one son- in-law, four grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
Funeral service was held Feb. 6 at the Assembly of God Church, Leoti, with her grandson, Frank Martin, officiating. Burial was in the Leoti Cemetery.
Memorials may be sent to the Leoti Volunteer Fire Department/EMS or the Wichita County Amusement Association in care of Price and Sons Funeral Home, 202 N. 4th, Leoti, Ks. 67861.
E-condolences may be given at www.priceandsons.com.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- Edward L. Desbien - May. 23, 2013
- Otho L. Harden - May. 23, 2013
- Larry Joe Enfield, Sr. - May. 23, 2013
- Shirlee Jeanette Rauth - May. 23, 2013
- Kenneth ‘Kenny’ Nickelson - May. 16, 2013
- Joseph Andrew Trembley - May. 9, 2013
- Elizabeth Grube - May. 9, 2013
- Boyd Tuttle - May. 9, 2013
- Charles Cox - May. 9, 2013
- Nellora E. Holstein - May. 9, 2013
- Father David Kraus - May. 2, 2013
- Mary Agnes Schreck - May. 2, 2013