Dorothy F. Brandfas
Dorothy F. Brandfas, 92, died Feb. 17, 2017, at Washington Regional Medical Center in Fayetteville, Ark., surrounded by her loving family.
She was born Aug. 6, 1924, in Arapahoe, Colo., the daughter
of Bryan and Toy Hunter.
At the age of 21, Dorothy moved to Scott City where she and a friend became the first nurse aides at the Scott County Hospital.
Memberships included the V.F.W. Ladies Auxiliary and First Christian Church, both of Scott City.
On March 7, 1945, she married Ernest L. Brandfas in Garden City. He passed away on June 15, 2008, in Bentonville, Ark.
Survivors include: a son, Richard Brandfas, and wife, Regina, Rogers, Ark.; a daughter, Judy and Donnie Morris, Rogers, Ark.; two brothers, Lawrence Hunter and Charles Hunter, both of Montrose, Colo.; one sister, Hazel Pool, Lamar, Colo.; seven grandchildren, 12 great-grandchildren and six great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; two brothers, Herold Hunter and Leo Hunter; and one sister, Mary Matusic.
Funeral service will be held Fri., Feb. 24, at the First Christian Church, Scott City, with Steve Payne presiding.
Interment will be in the Scott County Cemetery.
Memorials may be given to the First Christian Church in care of Price and Sons Funeral Home, 401 South Washington St., Scott City, Ks. 67871.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- - Kenneth Eugene BreitkreutzMar. 23, 2017
- - Marcia Ann KadavyMar. 16, 2017
- - Tana PhillipsMar. 16, 2017
- - Keith Albert ConineMar. 16, 2017
- - Anna Marie BennettMar. 9, 2017
- - Vivian M. KreiserMar. 9, 2017
- - Ryan Collins AltmanMar. 9, 2017
- - Francis William ‘Sonny’ MillerMar. 9, 2017
- - Anna Marie BennettMar. 2, 2017
- - Jeanette von KhaelssbergMar. 2, 2017
- - Francis W. ‘Sonny’ MillerMar. 2, 2017
- - Roberto Fausto Chavez, Sr.Mar. 2, 2017
- - Kaye Don Von SchriltzMar. 2, 2017