Dr. David LeRoy Amstutz
Dr. David LeRoy Amstutz, 79, died Feb. 12, 2017, in Omaha, Nebr.
He was born Sept. 23, 1937, in Ransom, Ks., the son of Fred and Helen (Hamit) Amstutz.
David served in the United Stated Air Force for seven years. He was a professor of physics at the University of Nebraska-Kearney for 40 years.
On May 28, 1965, he married Polly Banks in Nebraska. She survives.
Other survivors include: a son, David Lee Amstutz, Lincoln, Nebr.; two brothers, Mike Amstutz, and wife, Elaine, Beatrice, Nebr., and Paul Younger, Dighton; and two sisters, Fritzie Rauch, Scott City, and Deborah Younger, Lincoln, Nebr.
He was preceded in death by his parents, step-father and brother-in-law, Donald Rauch.
Memorial service was Feb. 15 at the First United Methodist Church, Kearney, Nebr.
Interment was in the Kearney Cemetary with military Honors provided by VFW Post No. 759 and American Legion Post No. 52 in conjunction with the Offutt Air Force Base Honor Guard.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- - Kenneth Eugene BreitkreutzMar. 23, 2017
- - Marcia Ann KadavyMar. 16, 2017
- - Tana PhillipsMar. 16, 2017
- - Keith Albert ConineMar. 16, 2017
- - Anna Marie BennettMar. 9, 2017
- - Vivian M. KreiserMar. 9, 2017
- - Ryan Collins AltmanMar. 9, 2017
- - Francis William ‘Sonny’ MillerMar. 9, 2017
- - Anna Marie BennettMar. 2, 2017
- - Jeanette von KhaelssbergMar. 2, 2017
- - Francis W. ‘Sonny’ MillerMar. 2, 2017
- - Roberto Fausto Chavez, Sr.Mar. 2, 2017
- - Kaye Don Von SchriltzMar. 2, 2017