Edwin L. Allen
Edwin L. Allen, 94, died April 4, 2017, at Park Lane Nursing Home, Scott City.
He was born on Feb. 2, 1923, in Scott County, to Albert Allison
and Ethyl Gertrude (Miller) Allen. A lifetime resident of Scott County, he was a farmer.
He was a member of the Prairie View Church of the Brethren, Friend.
On April 9, 1944, he married Maurine Snyder in Scott City. She died Oct. 25, 1975.
On July 17, 1976, he married Evelyn Neal in Scott City. She died June 22, 1993.
Edwin’s last companion of 17 years, Elvira Billinger, died Jan. 22, 2017.
Survivors include: two sons, Dennis Allen, and wife, Elaine, Scott City, and Mike Allen, and wife, Linda, Garden City; three daughters, Darlene Bontrager, and husband, Barry, North Newton, Patti Quakenbush, and husband, Greg, Valencia, Calif., and Jana Miller, and husband, David, Hays; 13 grandchildren, 26 great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two wives, companion, twin infant daughters, one brother and one sister.
Funeral service will be held Fri., April 7, 10:30 a.m., at Price and Sons Funeral Home, 410 S. Washington, Scott City, with Dr. Greg Quakenbush presiding.
Interment will be in the Scott County Cemetery.
Memorials, in lieu of flowers, may be given to Park Lane Nursing Home in care of the funeral home, Box 591, Scott City, Ks. 67871.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- - Joseph BerningApr. 20, 2017
- - Grace B. CristApr. 20, 2017
- - Lawrence D. ‘Larry’ DeardenApr. 20, 2017
- - Eugene A. PenkaApr. 13, 2017
- - Sheila M. BieberleApr. 13, 2017
- - Frank Paul (Sr.)Apr. 13, 2017
- - Perry Marvis OwensApr. 13, 2017
- - George E. AndrasekApr. 13, 2017
- - Allan KeyseApr. 13, 2017
- - Lucille D. DirksApr. 6, 2017
- - Edwin L. AllenApr. 6, 2017
- - Marc M. MitchellApr. 6, 2017