Francis William ‘Sonny’ Miller
Francis William “Sonny” Miller, 91, died March 1, 2017, at the Wichita County Health Center, Leoti.
Sonny was born May 9, 1925, on the Miller family home-
stead near Marienthal to Fred Francis “Frank” and Ethel (Forbes) Miller.
A lifetime resident of Wichita County, he was a farmer.
Sonny was a member of the former Pleasant Valley Methodist Church in rural Wichita County. He and his family were involved in building the church.
Church membership is currently with the United Methodist Church in Leoti. He also served the community in the 1960s as a High Plains school board member, and a Wichita County school board member in the 1970s. He was also active in the Scott County Co-op.
On Nov. 25, 1951, he married Patricia T. “Pat” Scott in Scott City. She died August 7, 2010, in Leoti.
Survivors include: one daughter, Dedra McKinney, Scott City; three sons, Richard Miller and wife, Becky, Leoti, Scott Miller and wife, Dione, Overland Park, and Mark Miller and wife, Amber, Leoti; two sisters, Donna Ridder, Leoti, and Arlene Cauthon, Scott City; six grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Funeral service was held March 7 at the United Methodist Church, Leoti, with Rev. Brad Kirk officiating. Burial was in Leoti.
Memorials may be given to Wichita County Community Foundation or Wichita County LTCU in care of Price and Sons Funeral Home, Box 161, Leoti, Ks. 67861.
Condolences may be sent to the family through the funeral home website at priceandsons.com.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- - Kenneth Eugene BreitkreutzMar. 23, 2017
- - Marcia Ann KadavyMar. 16, 2017
- - Tana PhillipsMar. 16, 2017
- - Keith Albert ConineMar. 16, 2017
- - Anna Marie BennettMar. 9, 2017
- - Vivian M. KreiserMar. 9, 2017
- - Ryan Collins AltmanMar. 9, 2017
- - Francis William ‘Sonny’ MillerMar. 9, 2017
- - Anna Marie BennettMar. 2, 2017
- - Jeanette von KhaelssbergMar. 2, 2017
- - Francis W. ‘Sonny’ MillerMar. 2, 2017
- - Roberto Fausto Chavez, Sr.Mar. 2, 2017
- - Kaye Don Von SchriltzMar. 2, 2017