George E. Andrasek
George E. Andrasek, 69, died April 7, 2017, at Wesley Medical Center Wichita.
He was born Dec. 14, 1947, in Scott City, to Louis Raymond and Edna Mae (Scott) Andrasek.
A lifetime resident of Scott City, he worked for Wheatland Electric from 1974 until April 3, 2017, when he retired.
George was a U.S. Marine veteran of the Vietnam War. He was a member of the First Baptist Church, Scott City, the VFW and American Legion.
On May 13, 1973, he married Penny Rowe in Scott City.
Survivors include: one son, James D. Andrasek, Scott City; one daughter, Julie A. Bennett, Minneola; one sister, Minnie Mae Anderson, and husband, Jim, Santa Maria, Calif.; one sister-in-law, Beth Wilbur, Leoti; former spouse, Penny, Scott City; and six grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one brother, Richard Andrasek.
The funeral service will be Fri., April 14, 10:30 a.m., at the First Baptist Church, Scott City, with Rev. Kyle Evans presiding.
Interment will be in the Scott County Cemetery.
Memorials, in lieu of flowers, may be given to “Stepping Up” in care of Price and Sons Funeral Home, Box 553, Scott City, Ks. 67871.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- - Joseph BerningApr. 20, 2017
- - Grace B. CristApr. 20, 2017
- - Lawrence D. ‘Larry’ DeardenApr. 20, 2017
- - Eugene A. PenkaApr. 13, 2017
- - Sheila M. BieberleApr. 13, 2017
- - Frank Paul (Sr.)Apr. 13, 2017
- - Perry Marvis OwensApr. 13, 2017
- - George E. AndrasekApr. 13, 2017
- - Allan KeyseApr. 13, 2017
- - Lucille D. DirksApr. 6, 2017
- - Edwin L. AllenApr. 6, 2017
- - Marc M. MitchellApr. 6, 2017