Kenneth Eugene Breitkreutz
Kenneth Eugene Breitkreutz, 68, died March 18, 2017, in Leoti.
He was born Feb. 28, 1949, in Garden City, to Walter and Wi-
He grew up on a farm south of Leoti and attended a rural school in Lydia.
He graduated from Wichita County High School and attended Emporia University, graduating with a degree in speech and theater.
Ken was an avid volunteer in the community. He coached minor league baseball, was a 4-H project leader and was president of the Wichita County Amusement Association.
On Nov. 9, 1974, he married Betsy Ann Janke in Stafford. She survives.
The couple moved back to Leoti where Ken joined his father, Walter, in a construction business.
Other survivors include: four children, Will, Kansas City, Mo., Judi, Junction City, Jon, Leoti, and Michael, Colorado Springs, Colo.; a brother, David, Leoti; and five grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Memorial service was held March 21 at the United Methodist Church in Leoti with Rev. Doug Olson officiating.
Memorials may be given to the Wichita County Amusement Association or Leoti EMTs in care of Price and Sons Funeral Home, Box 161, 202 N. 4th, Leoti, Ks. 67861.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- - Joseph BerningApr. 20, 2017
- - Grace B. CristApr. 20, 2017
- - Lawrence D. ‘Larry’ DeardenApr. 20, 2017
- - Eugene A. PenkaApr. 13, 2017
- - Sheila M. BieberleApr. 13, 2017
- - Frank Paul (Sr.)Apr. 13, 2017
- - Perry Marvis OwensApr. 13, 2017
- - George E. AndrasekApr. 13, 2017
- - Allan KeyseApr. 13, 2017
- - Lucille D. DirksApr. 6, 2017
- - Edwin L. AllenApr. 6, 2017
- - Marc M. MitchellApr. 6, 2017