Lawrence D. ‘Larry’ Dearden
Lawrence D. “Larry” Dearden, 62, died April 15, 2017, at the Scott County Hospital.
He was born on March 29, 1955, in Garden City, to Alva A. and Alene
Mae (Urban) Dearden. A lifetime resident of Scott City, he was a farmer.
He was a member of the Immanuel Southern Baptist Church, Scott City, Gideon’s International, Scott County Fair Board, Scott County Farm Bureau, Kansas Farm Bureau, Friends of Lake Scott State Park, Kansas State University Master Farmer, 4-H alumni, a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association, Scott Co-op board and was a church trustee.
On June 13, 1981, he married Mildred “Millie” King in Scott City. She survives.
Other survivors include: one son, Clint Dearden, and wife, Jessica, Scott City; three brothers, Rick Dearden, and wife, Joyce, Alan Dearden, and wife, Glenita, and Thad Dearden, and wife, Elizabeth, all of Scott City; one sister, Brenda Dearden, Garden City; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Funeral service will be held Fri., April 21, 10:30 a.m., at the United Methodist Church, Scott City, with Rev. Robert Nuckolls presiding.
Interment will be in the Scott County Cemetery.
Memorials, in lieu of flowers, may be given to the Larry Dearden Memorial Fund or Gideon’s International in care of Price and Sons Funeral Home, Box 553, Scott City, Ks., 67871.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- - Joseph BerningApr. 20, 2017
- - Grace B. CristApr. 20, 2017
- - Lawrence D. ‘Larry’ DeardenApr. 20, 2017
- - Eugene A. PenkaApr. 13, 2017
- - Sheila M. BieberleApr. 13, 2017
- - Frank Paul (Sr.)Apr. 13, 2017
- - Perry Marvis OwensApr. 13, 2017
- - George E. AndrasekApr. 13, 2017
- - Allan KeyseApr. 13, 2017
- - Lucille D. DirksApr. 6, 2017
- - Edwin L. AllenApr. 6, 2017
- - Marc M. MitchellApr. 6, 2017