Mary Avis Lamon
Mary Avis Lamon, 100, died Feb. 21, 2017, at Reeds Cove Nursing Home, Wichita.
She was born July 16, 1916, in Petrol, N.D., the daughter of Thom-
as and Mamie E. (Wyant) Parsons.
A resident of Scott City from 1970 until moving to Wichita in 2012, she was a homemaker, seamstress and chef. She was a member of the United Methodist Church.
On Aug. 20, 1941, she married J. James Eberhardt in Mott, N.D. He died on Feb. 11, 1947.
On Nov. 20, 1948, she married Emery L. “Jack” Booth in Mott, N.D. He died on June 15, 1998, in Wichita.
On Nov. 17, 1961, she married George A. Lamon in Syracuse. He died Feb. 9, 1977, in Meade.
Survivors include: two sons, Thomas Booth and wife, Maureen, Brighton, Mich., and Emery L. Booth, Jr., Phoenix, Ariz.; four daughters; Edith Brown and husband, Bill, Scott City, Suzy Carpenter, Merriam Woods, Mo., Mary Jane King, Rose Hill, and Jearlene Tanner and husband, Bob, Midland, Mich.; 27 grandchildren, and numerous great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husbands; three sons, James Eberhardt, Earl Booth and Darrel Lamon; three daughters, Eva Marie Eberhardt, Barbara Jean Wolf and Saron Kay Kerbo; one granddaughter, Ellen Leverett; and 10 brothers and sisters.
Funeral service will be held Sat., Feb. 25, 10:30 a.m., at the First United Methodist Church, Scott City, with Pastor John Lewis presiding.
Interment will be in the Lakin Cemetery on Saturday at 2:00 p.m.
Memorials may be given to the American Cancer Society in care of Price and Sons Funeral Home, 401 South Washington St., Scott City, Ks. 67871.
Visitation will be at Price and Sons Funeral Home on Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- - Kenneth Eugene BreitkreutzMar. 23, 2017
- - Marcia Ann KadavyMar. 16, 2017
- - Tana PhillipsMar. 16, 2017
- - Keith Albert ConineMar. 16, 2017
- - Anna Marie BennettMar. 9, 2017
- - Vivian M. KreiserMar. 9, 2017
- - Ryan Collins AltmanMar. 9, 2017
- - Francis William ‘Sonny’ MillerMar. 9, 2017
- - Anna Marie BennettMar. 2, 2017
- - Jeanette von KhaelssbergMar. 2, 2017
- - Francis W. ‘Sonny’ MillerMar. 2, 2017
- - Roberto Fausto Chavez, Sr.Mar. 2, 2017
- - Kaye Don Von SchriltzMar. 2, 2017