Matilda ‘Tillie’ Ruth Newcomer
Matilda “Tillie” Ruth Newcomer, 87, died Feb. 8, 2013, at Wichita County Health Center Long Term Care, Leoti.
She was born May 25, 1925, in Gove County, the daughter of John
and Verna (Garner) McLean.
A lifetime resident of Scott and Wichita counties, she was a homemaker.
She was a member of Christ Covenant Church, Leoti.
In 1947, she married John Molner.
On May 25, 1976, she married Ben Newcomer at Scott City. He died March 25, 1995, at Wichita.
Survivors include: three sons, Jerry Molner, Leoti, Rick Molner, Garden City, and Lloyd Molner, Jacksonville, Fla.; four daughters, Linda Molner, Newport, Va., Berdie Molner and Faye Molner, both of Leoti, and Carol Valdez, Winchester; one brother, Andy McLain, Levant; two sisters, Harriett Riddick, Leoti and Eunice McLain, California; and 13 grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, one son, three daughters and one brother.
Memorial service was held Feb. 13 at the Christ Covenant Church, Leoti, with Rev. Bob Everest officiating. Inurnment was at the Scott County Cemetery.
Memorials may be sent to the Christ Covenant Church in care of Price and Sons Funeral Home, 202 N. 4th, Leoti, Ks. 67861.
E-condolences may be given at www.priceandsons.com.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- Greg Alan Skibbe - Apr. 17, 2014
- Marjorie A. Riggs - Apr. 17, 2014
- Kendall Lee Hornback - Apr. 17, 2014
- Wilson Eugene ‘Bud’ Berry - Apr. 17, 2014
- Reba R. Hearson - Apr. 17, 2014
- Rachel Louise Dryer - Apr. 17, 2014
- Tommy David Fry - Apr. 17, 2014
- Dixie L. Neuenschwander - Apr. 10, 2014
- Patricia A. Palen - Apr. 3, 2014
- Vera Mae Buckbee - Apr. 3, 2014
- Evelyn M. Fields - Apr. 3, 2014
- Alice ‘Tillie’ Shirley - Apr. 3, 2014
- Charlotte Ann Ridder - Apr. 3, 2014
- Alice “Tillie” Shirley - Mar. 31, 2014
- Donnie R. Geist - Mar. 27, 2014
- Lanny DeWayne Mehl - Mar. 27, 2014
- Merlin M. Gardner - Mar. 27, 2014