Perry Marvis Owens
Perry Marvis Owens, 67, died April 12, 2017, at St. Catherine Hospital, Garden City.
H e was born Aug. 12, 1949, in H o b b s , N . M . , to J.W. and Wil-
lie Mae (Sutton) Owens.
He attended school in Sayre, Okla., and graduated from high school in 1967. He served in the United States Army and later with the Navy SeaBees.
He married Vivian Hornsby in 1971 in Sayre. He later married Cecelia Short in Sayre, and then married Renda Jones in Hobbs, N.M.
Perry worked 10 years as a Lt. Sheriff for the Beckham County Sheriff’s Department. He then worked as a deputy for the Washita County Sheriff’s Department.
Survivors include: five children, Monica Dyer, Scott City, Nathan T. Owens, Scott City, David W. Owens, and wife, Jacklyn, Mustang, Okla., DeeDee Day, Elk City, Okla., and Colton Owens, Lovington, N.M.; two brothers, Loy Owens, Carlsbad, N.M., and Richard Owens, Amarillo, Tex.; one sister, Juretta Pope, Conroe, Tex.; 14 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
He is preceded in death by his parents; a son, Perry M. Owens, Jr.; and a sister, Linda Burthalter.
A private family interment will take place in Oklahoma.
The family requests memorials be given to the Perry Owens Memorial Fund in care of Garnand Funeral Home, 412 N. 7th St., Garden City, Ks. 67846.
Condolences may be given at the funeral home website at garnandfuneralhomes.com.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- - Joseph BerningApr. 20, 2017
- - Grace B. CristApr. 20, 2017
- - Lawrence D. ‘Larry’ DeardenApr. 20, 2017
- - Eugene A. PenkaApr. 13, 2017
- - Sheila M. BieberleApr. 13, 2017
- - Frank Paul (Sr.)Apr. 13, 2017
- - Perry Marvis OwensApr. 13, 2017
- - George E. AndrasekApr. 13, 2017
- - Allan KeyseApr. 13, 2017
- - Lucille D. DirksApr. 6, 2017
- - Edwin L. AllenApr. 6, 2017
- - Marc M. MitchellApr. 6, 2017