Roberto Fausto Chavez, Sr.
Roberto Fausto Chav-ez, Sr., 68, died on Feb. 24, 2017, at St. Catherine Hospital, Garden City.
Roberto was born May 22, 1948, in El Toro, Maguaichi,
Chihuahua, Mexico, to Gregorio and Carmen (Hermosillo) Chavez.
He was an employee for Seaboard Foods and a rancher.
He had been a resident of Leoti since 1994, moving from Chihuahua, Mexico.
On April 22, 1969, he married Ascencion Manuela Hermosillo in Chihuahua, Mexico. She survives.
Other survivors include: five sons, Gregorio Chavez, and wife, Irma, Gering, Nebr., Ramon Chavez and wife, Guadalupe, Grinnell, Roberto Jr. Chavez and wife, Doris, Oakley, Reyes Chavez and wife, Monica, Oakley, and Joel Chavez and wife, Natasha, Leoti; three daughters, Maribel Galaviz and husband, Ramon, Scott City, Rebecca Ortiz and husband, Jesus, Leoti, and Heather Martinez and husband, Victor, Leoti; two brothers, Rito Chavez, Deming, N.M., and Gregorio Chavez and wife, Conception, Guymon, Okla.; three sisters, Juana Torrez and husband, Pedro, Wichita, Rosa Varela and husband, Israel, Alamillo, Chihuahua, Mexico, and Manuela Burciaga and husband, Guily, Gomez Sarias, Chihuahua, Mexico; 23 grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister, Catalina Chavez.
Funeral service was held March 2 at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, Leoti. Burial was in the Leoti Cemetery.
Memorials may be given to the Roberto Chavez Memorial Fund in care of Price and Sons Funeral Home, Box 161, 202 N. 4th Leoti, Ks. 67861.
Condolences may be sent to priceandsons.com.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- - Kenneth Eugene BreitkreutzMar. 23, 2017
- - Marcia Ann KadavyMar. 16, 2017
- - Tana PhillipsMar. 16, 2017
- - Keith Albert ConineMar. 16, 2017
- - Anna Marie BennettMar. 9, 2017
- - Vivian M. KreiserMar. 9, 2017
- - Ryan Collins AltmanMar. 9, 2017
- - Francis William ‘Sonny’ MillerMar. 9, 2017
- - Anna Marie BennettMar. 2, 2017
- - Jeanette von KhaelssbergMar. 2, 2017
- - Francis W. ‘Sonny’ MillerMar. 2, 2017
- - Roberto Fausto Chavez, Sr.Mar. 2, 2017
- - Kaye Don Von SchriltzMar. 2, 2017