Tana Phillips, 64, died March 9, 2017, at Western Plains Medical Complex, Dodge City.
She was born August 28, 1952, at Scott City, to Wayne C. and Kathryn (Lane) Roberts.
She was a graduate of Scott City High School and attended college where she completed requirements to become a certified nurse assistant (CNA).
A resident of Dodge City since 1970, moving from Scott City, she was a homemaker, caregiver and raised foster children.
She attended Grace Community Church, Dodge City.
On Sept. 27, 1969, she married Buck Phillips in Scott City. He survives.
Other survivors include: her mother, Kathryn, Scott City; four children, Shawna Phillips, Minneola, Travis Phillips, Ensign, Kent Mayfield, Denver, Colo., and James Phillips, Ensign; two brothers, Gary Roberts and Major Roberts and wife, Kelli, all of Scott City; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father and a brother, Jay Roberts.
Funeral service was held March 14 at Ziegler Funeral Chapel, Dodge City, with Rev. Kirk Larson officiating.
Burial was at the Scott County Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorials to the Tana Phillips Memorial Fund in care of Ziegler Funeral Chapel, 1901 N. 14th Ave., Dodge City, Kansas 67801.
Condolences may be sent to the funeral home website at www.zieglerfuneralchapel.com.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- - Kenneth Eugene BreitkreutzMar. 23, 2017
- - Marcia Ann KadavyMar. 16, 2017
- - Tana PhillipsMar. 16, 2017
- - Keith Albert ConineMar. 16, 2017
- - Anna Marie BennettMar. 9, 2017
- - Vivian M. KreiserMar. 9, 2017
- - Ryan Collins AltmanMar. 9, 2017
- - Francis William ‘Sonny’ MillerMar. 9, 2017
- - Anna Marie BennettMar. 2, 2017
- - Jeanette von KhaelssbergMar. 2, 2017
- - Francis W. ‘Sonny’ MillerMar. 2, 2017
- - Roberto Fausto Chavez, Sr.Mar. 2, 2017
- - Kaye Don Von SchriltzMar. 2, 2017