High Plains members are challenged with movie trivia
The High Plains Study Club met at The Majestic in Scott City for a noon luncheon.
Hostesses Suzy Gooden and Anita Hoeme decorated the tables with movie tickets and boxes of popcorn at each place setting. Following a luncheon, President Marilyn Dryer called the meeting to order and led the flag salute and the Club Collect.
Celia Fouser read the devotion, “Only in New Mexico,” taken from the book Accidental Anthropologists by Claudia Clavel.
Twenty members answered roll call by naming their favorite movie.
Lucky Dip was won by Jane Ann McClellen. Dorothy Hutchins’ name was drawn to bring next month’s Lucky Dip.
For the program, Suzy and Anita challenged the members with movie trivia questions. It was a very good thing that Anita had the answers.
The next meeting will be Thurs., April 2, 1:30 p.m., at Dorothy Hutchins’ home. Donna Eitel will be co-hostess.
Patsi Graham will have a program about time travel books.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Society This Week
- Easter egg hunt Sat. in Scott City - Mar. 26, 2015
- High Plains members are challenged with movie trivia - Mar. 26, 2015
- Committee begins plans for Whimmydiddle festival - Mar. 19, 2015
- Couple plans April 11 wedding - Mar. 19, 2015
- Pflughoeft-Scheuerman speak vows in Ellsworth - Mar. 12, 2015
- Piano students entertain High Plains Study Club - Mar. 5, 2015
- Double-ring ceremony unites Cullop-McDaniel in Lyons - Mar. 5, 2015