Radon testing is program for High Plains club
The High Plains Study Club met at the ancestral home of Pam Crist on Feb. 20. Marilyn Dryer served as co-hostess.
Vice-President Marilyn Dryer called the meeting to order with the reading of the club collect and the flag salute.
Patsy Graham, inspired by a get-well card she received, gave insight into God’s creative genius.
Winner of the Lucky Dip was Donna Eitel. Celia Fouser will bring a gift for the next meeting’s drawing.
Jan Winter gave the “Home Life Report” on radon health risks and methods of radon measurement and mitigation. Members were encouraged to check with the Scott County Extension office for information and supplies. A list of website resources was given to each member.
Marvel Hopkins-Keyse gave each member a booklet with information she had compiled on the Olympics. Her “International Affairs Report” included both historical and present day statistics and information.
Twenty-one members answered the roll call, “Why in the world have I kept this?” A wide variety of light-hearted answers were given and items were brought for display. Vintage ice skates, memorable clothing and accessories, unused works of art, unfinished projects, and historical and political memorabilia were shared.
The program book quote was “One loses many laughs by not laughing at oneself” by Mary Engelbreit.
Marilyn Dryer informed the members of changes in upcoming programs.
The next meeting will be at the home of Sue Pammenter.
"is there a Zeta Nu still in Scott "
Society This Week
- Radon testing is program for High Plains club - Mar. 6, 2014
- Newlin-Duff exchange vows in Pennsylvania - Feb. 27, 2014
- Shalyn Marie Radke, born Dec. 30, 2013, at the Scott County Hospital - Feb. 20, 2014
- Elsa Jane Sattler, who was born on Jan. 27, 2014 - Feb. 20, 2014
- Coffman-Dixon are engaged - Feb. 20, 2014
- Reception to honor Fyler on 90th birthday - Feb. 20, 2014
- Couple plans March 1 wedding - Feb. 13, 2014
- Cole Allen Flower, born Jan. 28, 2014, at Hays Medical Center, Hays - Feb. 13, 2014
- Statler Lewis Kerr, born Dec. 16, 2013, at Garden City - Feb. 13, 2014