AMHC ‘Get Set’ update for High Plains Study Club
Twenty-five members of the High Plains Study Club met at the home of Marvel Hopkins. Jean Hardy was the co-hostess.
Kent Hill, director of Area Mental Health Center, Scott City, shared information with the club concerning the summer Get Set program that serves Greeley, Lane, Scott and Wichita counties.
Participating in the program this past summer were 43 youth, ranging in age from three- to 15-years-old. Starting next year the program will be called RAD (Reaching Accomplishments Daily), a name the students decided
Dona Dee Carpenter led the
Mr. and Mrs. Darrel Faurot, Scott City, will observe their 40th wedding anniversary on Oct. 17.
Darrel W. Faurot and Pamela
In 1970 . . . Mr. and Mrs. Darrel Faurot . . . and in 2010
Faurots to celebrate 40th anniversary
J. Latham were married Oct. 17, 1970, at the Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Scott City.
The couple has two sons, Brent, and wife, Angie, Scott City; and Kevin and wife, Jenny, Meade; and four grandchildren.
They have lived in Scott City since their marriage.
Cards may be mailed to 913 College, Scott City, Ks. 67871.
club collect and flag salute. Jean’s devotions were centered on “pursuing and using your talents,”
using Charles Schultz’s life as an example.
Members answered roll call with “Someone who helped direct
Lucky dip, a creative pumpkin fall arrangement, was brought by Merilyn Krause and won by Barbara
Hutchins. Thelma Miller is to bring the Lucky Dip to the Nov. 4 meeting.
Dona Dee reported that she and Harriet Hess have made arrangements
for the October 21 Park Lane bingo party. Each member is to bring 4-5 gifts.
Patsi Graham reminded members
to meet in the former Brian Education Center parking lot on Thurs., Nov. 4, 10:15 a.m. Marilyn
Miller will be the guide for the historical homes tour. All will meet back at The Majestic for lunch.
Linda Helmers presented an informative home life report on “How Our Brains Remember,” with strategies for creating brain compatible classroom environments.
The report was taken from an article by Dr. Yate titled, “Worksheets Don’t Grow Dendrites.”
Members enjoyed dessert and everyone received a decorated cookie and Halloween ceramic favor from Jean Hardy.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Society This Week
- Winderlins to observe 50th anniversary - Apr. 17, 2014
- Study Club tours Sternberg Museum - Apr. 17, 2014
- Sorority hears update on WKCAC - Apr. 10, 2014
- Harp to celebrate 80th birthday - Apr. 10, 2014
- Warren Paul Brooks, born March 13, 2014, at the Scott County Hospital, Scott City - Apr. 3, 2014
- Beck-Kuntzsch are engaged - Apr. 3, 2014
- Harp to celebrate 80th birthday - Apr. 3, 2014
- Card shower to honor Krehbiels on golden wedding anniversary - Apr. 3, 2014
- Couple to wed on July 26 - Mar. 27, 2014
- Lake Scott Friends projects is High Plains club program - Mar. 27, 2014
- Minnix-Davis are engaged - Mar. 27, 2014
- Skylar Grace Rufenacht, born Jan. 14, 2014, at St. Catherine Hospital, Garden City - Mar. 27, 2014