Beckman to pursue studies in Finland
Caitlin Beckman, Scott City, is one of four Washburn University students who will study for four weeks at Mikkeli University Applied Studies in Savonlinna, Finland.
She is a senior pursuing a bachelor of science degree in nursing.
She is the daughter of John and Thea Beckman.
The activities in Finland will fulfill part of her requirements for Washburn’s Transformational Experience degree enhancement certification, for which she must demonstrate excellence in scholarly and creative activity, community service, leadership or international education.
The WTE provides baccalaureate students with an opportunity to make a difference to others or society through enhanced learning designed to complement traditional college studies.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Countdown to Christmas
Youth This Week
- Beckman to pursue studies in Finland - Nov. 27, 2013
- School Calendar November 30-December 9 - Nov. 27, 2013
- USD 466 Lunch Menu December 2-6 - Nov. 27, 2013
- SCMS honor choir - Nov. 14, 2013
- USD 466 Lunch Menu November 18-22 - Nov. 14, 2013
- 4-H Club News-New Horizons - Nov. 14, 2013
- Dighton student fifth in regional music auditions - Nov. 14, 2013
- School Calendar November 16-25 - Nov. 14, 2013
- School Calendar November 8-16 - Nov. 7, 2013
- USD 466 Lunch Menu November 11-15 - Nov. 7, 2013
- FFA meats judging team 9th in nation - Nov. 7, 2013