2 from area receive FHSU scholarship
Hannah Speer, Dighton, and Clancy Masterson, Leoti, are among 39 students who have been awarded the $1,000-per-semester Ralph and Lucile Hunter Scholarship for the 2014-15 academic year at Ft. Hays State University.
Speer, a 2012 graduate of Dighton High School, is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Dean Speer. A junior, she is majoring in agriculture.
Masterson is a 2012 graduate of Wichita County High School. A junior, she is majoring in elementary education.
The scholarship is awarded to women who graduated from a Kansas high school on or west of US183 Highway. The scholarship requires full-time attendance and a minimum GPA of 3.3.
For the 2014-2015 academic year, 28 students renewed the scholarship and 11 new awards went to incoming freshmen.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Youth This Week
- USD 466 Lunch Menu week of October 20-24 - Oct. 16, 2014
- 2 from area receive FHSU scholarship - Oct. 16, 2014
- 4-H Club News Pioneer - Oct. 9, 2014
- County 4-H Club News Manning Jayhawkers - Oct. 2, 2014
- School Calendar Sept. 26- Oct. 6 - Sep. 25, 2014
- 4-H Club News Lake Wide Awake - Sep. 25, 2014
- SCHS fall sports coronation is Friday - Sep. 25, 2014