SC forensics 2nd in GWAC; Davis, Scott are champions
Macy Davis (prose) and Kiersten Scott (informative speaking) were champions in the Great West Activities Conference forensics tournament at Ulysses on Monday.
Addie Price received a I rating for her poetry.
SCHS placed second as a team.
Scott City results were: Cecily Rebarchek, 2nd, humorous solo acting; Callan Rice, 2nd, poetry; Maris Griffith, 3rd, poetry, and 6th, informative speaking;; Macy Davis, 4th, poetry; Cayleigh Ramsey, 4th, informative speaking; Lizzy Parkinson, 5th, poetry, 5th, informative speaking; Megan Smith, 6th, prose; Kiersten Scott, 6th, poetry; Breanna Emahizer, 6th, serious solo; Matthew Tuttle, 7th, extemporaneous speaking;
4 Qualify for State
Four SCHS students qualified for state forensics with first place finishes at the Rolla Invitational on Saturday.
State qualifiers include Rebarchek, humorous solo acting; Taylor George, informative speaking; and George/Davis in improvised duet acting.
In addition, Smith was third in prose and Davis was fourth in poetry.
Scott City placed third as a team.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Youth This Week
- USD 466 Lunch Menu week of October 27-31 - Oct. 23, 2014
- Officer team qualifies for state in par law - Oct. 23, 2014
- USD 466 Lunch Menu week of October 20-24 - Oct. 16, 2014
- 2 from area receive FHSU scholarship - Oct. 16, 2014
- 4-H Club News Pioneer - Oct. 9, 2014
- County 4-H Club News Manning Jayhawkers - Oct. 2, 2014