There may have been a silver lining in the USD 466 (Scott County) budget crisis when the district found itself facing a $1.1 million shortfall.
The district was forced to make some major budget slashing moves that included staff and salary cuts. While it wasn’t planned that way, it put the school...
Junior program grows to 45 SC participants Kirby Garrison was hoping that last year’s junior golf program would spark interest in the next generation of players. It would appear that interest is starting to take hold. From 28 young golfers a year ago, this summer the program has...
Vera June (Knop) Evans, 88, died July 22, 2015. She was born on June 9, 1927, in rural Kansas. She married George Evans in 1947. They lived most re- cently in Keuterville and Nezperce, Ida., and were also previous residents of Moab, Utah, and Healy. Vera loved flowers, was a trained florist,...
Aaron Robert Fagan, 41, died July 22, 2015, at the University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City. He was born on Aug. 11, 1973, in O’Neill, Nebr., the son of Gary and Roberta (Stah-lecker) Fagan. Aaron spent part of his grade school years in O’Neill until his parents bought a motel...
When you play football for Scott Community High School, “next man up” isn’t just a phrase, it’s part of your core philosophy. Coming off a state runner-up finish in last year’s Class 3A title game, the Beavers were able to offer a glimpse of who’s ready to be the...
Harlen Leroy Noble, 59, died July 5, 2015, at his home in Colorado Springs, Colo. He was born on Nov. 10, 1955, in Mankato, the son of Charles and Pauline Noble. Following graduation he attended North Central Kansas Technical College, Beloit. He lived and worked in Scott City, for a couple of...
Beaver blue runs deep in the veins of anyone who has had a connection with Scott Community High School and that was evident over the weekend when sports was the central theme for the All-School Reunion. More than 1,400 alumni and family registered for two days of activities that included golf, mud volleyball,...
Patrick and Barbara Ryan, Scott City, announce the engagement of their daughter, Suzanne Marie, Manhattan, to Brandon Frederich Numrich, Manhattan, son of Skip and Tonni Numrich, Scott City. The bride-to-be is a 2001 graduate of Scott Community High School; a 2004 graduate of Kansas State University...
- [Sports] Youngsters getting into the swing of golf - Jul. 30, 2015
- [News] A silver lining found in budget crisis - Jul. 30, 2015
- [Youth] SCORE program to require advance deposit - Jul. 30, 2015
- [News] Vera June (Knop) Evans - Jul. 30, 2015
- [Obituaries] Aaron Robert Fagan - Jul. 30, 2015
- [Opinions] Who’s afraid of Berniementum? - Jul. 30, 2015
- [Sports] Camp provides glimpse of ‘who’s up’ - Jul. 16, 2015
- [Youth] 4-H Club News - Jayhawkers - Jul. 16, 2015
- [Youth] 3 from area earn degrees at WSU - Jul. 16, 2015
- [Youth] 2 area students on WSU honor roll - Jul. 16, 2015
- [Obituaries] Harlen Leroy Noble - Jul. 16, 2015
- [Society] Jenelle Renee Martindale, born July 2, 2015 - Jul. 16, 2015
- [Society] Paxton Drew Olds, born July 13, 2015 - Jul. 16, 2015
- [Society] Kinze LeeAnn Drohman-Tankersley, born July 7, 2015 - Jul. 16, 2015
- [Opinions] Who benefits? Compact a smokescreen for more fiscal shenanigans - Jul. 16, 2015
- [Opinions] Teaching exodus: Legislative action hinders quality of state education - Jul. 16, 2015
- [Opinions] A ‘can’t miss’ economic plan - Jul. 16, 2015
- [News] SCH will shift towards full-time ambulance staff - Jul. 10, 2015
- [Obituaries] Francine Michelle Davis - Jul. 10, 2015
- [Obituaries] Pete Joseph Steffens - Jul. 10, 2015
- [Society] Elly Lola Baker was born June 9, 2015 - Jul. 10, 2015
- [Society] Ryan-Numrich to wed Sept. 5 - Jul. 10, 2015
- [News] Former coaches, athletes relive their memories of SCHS sports - Jul. 9, 2015
- [Opinions] Showing us who we really are - Jul. 9, 2015