Water quality, not just quantity,
becoming a concern in Western Ks.
Water has reached the point economists had long predicted. It is more valuable than oil and in Western Kansas, quality has become as big an issue as availability.
Faced with increasing...
There’s no question that this year’s graduating class at Scott Community High School has had accomplishments which have set them apart from many of their predecessors. And if anyone had any doubt as to their achievements, four of the senior commencement speakers flashed a reminder when...
One of Kiersten Scott’s goals before graduating was to have a photo in the Scott Community High School gym with the other state championship teams. That’s going to happen after Scott and her teammates once again earned the FFA meats judging state title following competition held...
Maris Griffith made sure that her final competition for the Scott Community High School track squad was memorable. With a toss of 107-5, the SCHS senior won her third consecutive javelin title in last week’s Great West Activities Conference meet. Maris won’t be competing in the regional...
When evaluating the difference in his golf game this year compared to a year ago, Justin Unruh says there’s no doubt that his mental approach has improved significantly. “I don’t let a bad shot get into my head like it used to,” says the spring graduate of Scott Community High...
HALO gives fellow SC students a cultural lesson Kenny Carillo doesn’t consider himself an experienced horseman. But you wouldn’t know that by the exhibition he and Desoto put on Tuesday afternoon. Desoto would lay down for group photos with Scott Community High School students, sit...
When Kelly Wycoff said she was experiencing some pain in her left hip region and extending down to her knee, that was all head coach Jim Turner needed to hear on Friday. The junior sprinter’s day at the Russell Invitational was over. “We’re not overly concerned, but given the cool...
After opening the 11th inning with a pair of strikeouts and protecting a one run lead, it looked as though the Scott Community High School baseball team would be able to salvage a split of their double-header with Hugoton. Instead, the Eagles rallied for one run in the bottom of the 11th and added...
Like a lot of high school athletes, Brenner Wells has found this to be a very frustrating spring. Inclement weather has prevented track athletes from finding any consistency or building the level of conditioning they normally expect with the regional meet only three weeks away. So when the Beavers...
The bottom one-third of the lineup came through in a big way for the Scott Community High School baseball team in the opening game of their double-header with Colby on Friday. Collin Ratzlaff, Juan Rodriguez and Chris Pounds accounted for five of the team’s nine hits and three runs in a 5-3...
SCHS still in the hunt for state title Neither rain, nor sleet nor blustery 35 mile per hour winds were enough to keep hardy ElectroRally racers from competing in the first of two state championship races on Wednesday. Races in Scott City and Beloit had already been postponed once due to inclement...
With a long history of success - and state medals - in the 4x800m relay, it’s no surprise that Scott Community High School will eventually field a strong group at some point during the season. But even the coaching staff was mildly surprised at the performance turned in by the boys during Friday’s...
A year ago, Wyle Yeager and Tyler Yeadon each earned a trip to the Class 3-2-1A state tennis tournament as singles players. This year they may need each other if they’re going to make a return visit. Playing as a doubles team for the first time this season, the duo reeled off four consecutive...
Bryan and Karen Gunther, Scott City, announce the engagement of their daughter, Janie, Reno, Nev., to Kaid Funk, Yoder, son of Kathy Funk, Scott City, and the late Roger Funk. The bride-to-be is currently pursuing a master’s degree in Behavior Analysis at the University of Nevada, Reno. The...
- [News] SC graduates mark their legacy with plenty of bling - May. 16, 2013
- [Youth] Short-handed FFA judging team wins state championship - May. 16, 2013
- [Sports] Griffith wins third GWAC title - May. 16, 2013
- [Sports] Unruh’s mental game will be stronger in return trip to state - May. 16, 2013
- [News] How safe? - May. 16, 2013
- [Obituaries] Kenneth ‘Kenny’ Nickelson - May. 16, 2013
- [Opinions] A real scandal exists in the IRS - May. 16, 2013
- [Youth] 4-H Club News-Manning Jayhawkers - May. 9, 2013
- [News] Wind farm talks finally seem serious - May. 9, 2013
- [News] Cinco de Mayo - May. 9, 2013
- [Sports] Nickel moves into 100m hurdle contention for regional - May. 9, 2013
- [Sports] Beavers drop 12 inning marathon at Hugoton - May. 9, 2013
- [Youth] USD 466 Calendar May 10-16 - May. 9, 2013
- [Youth] USD 466 Lunch Menu May 13-15 - May. 9, 2013
- [Obituaries] Elizabeth Grube - May. 9, 2013
- [Obituaries] Boyd Tuttle - May. 9, 2013
- [Obituaries] Charles Cox - May. 9, 2013
- [Obituaries] Nellora E. Holstein - May. 9, 2013
- [Obituaries] Joseph Andrew Trembley - May. 9, 2013
- [Opinions] Western Skyline - May. 9, 2013
- [Opinions] Grads: dare not to be stupid - May. 9, 2013
- [News] Battle Canyon symposium finally a reality - May. 2, 2013
- [Sports] Wells begins finding his form with javelin PR - May. 2, 2013
- [Sports] Timely hitting wins opener against Colby - May. 2, 2013
- [News] ElectroRally teams battle the elements - May. 2, 2013
- [Obituaries] Mary Agnes Schreck - May. 2, 2013
- [Obituaries] Father David Kraus - May. 2, 2013
- [Opinions] Consequences aren’t for everyone - May. 2, 2013
- [News] Gallery gaining reputation for its world-class collection - Apr. 25, 2013
- [Sports] 4x800 relay has higher goals after Holcomb win - Apr. 25, 2013
- [Sports] SC may have right combination for post-season - Apr. 25, 2013
- [Opinions] A great way to start your dayA great way to start your day - Apr. 25, 2013
- [Obituaries] Beverly Joyce Oliver - Apr. 25, 2013
- [Obituaries] Wilford D. Crist - Apr. 25, 2013
- [Obituaries] Martin James Brau - Apr. 25, 2013
- [Obituaries] Wayne S. Bentley - Apr. 25, 2013
- [Youth] Price qualifies for state; SCHS 3rd at Quinter tourney - Apr. 25, 2013
- [Youth] USD 466 Lunch Menu April 29- May 3 - Apr. 25, 2013
- [Youth] USD 466 Calendar April 26- May 2 - Apr. 25, 2013
- [Society] SCHS forensics students perform for High Plains Club - Apr. 25, 2013
- [Society] Gunther-Funk are engaged - Apr. 25, 2013