Dixie L. Neuenschwander
Dixie L. Neuenschwan-der, 79, died March 31, 2014, at the Scott County Hospital, Scott City.
She was born on Nov. 9, 1934, in Durham, the daughter of Adam and Elsie (Ollenburger) Miller.
A resident of Scott City since 1946, moving from Anaheim, Calif., she and her husband, Robert, were the owners and operators of Robert’s Jewelers, Scott City, for over 42 years.
Dixie was a member of the First Baptist Church, Scott City, the Kansas Jewelers Association, American Gemologist Association, Scott County Garden Club, El Quartelejo Study Club, American Association of Iris Growers, American Association of Day Lily Growers and was a past director of the BYF at the First Baptist Church, Scott City.
On July 15, 1979, Dixie married Robert C. Neuenschwander in Wichita. He died Feb. 25, 2009, in Scott City.
Survivors include: one daughter, Brenda Cejda, Scott City; one son, Brent Cejda, and wife, Jennifer, Lincoln, Nebr.; one-step daughter, Linda Neuenschwander, Aurora, Colo.; two sisters-in-law, Thelma Miller, Scott City, and Jane Miller, Hillsboro; three grandchildren and six nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers.
A private family funeral service was held on April 2 at Price and Sons Funeral Home, Scott City, with Rev. Dennis Carter officiating.
Interment was at the Scott County Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Park Lane Nursing Home in care of Price and Sons Funeral Home, 401 S. Washington St., Scott City, Ks. 67871.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- Dixie L. Neuenschwander - Apr. 10, 2014
- Patricia A. Palen - Apr. 3, 2014
- Vera Mae Buckbee - Apr. 3, 2014
- Evelyn M. Fields - Apr. 3, 2014
- Alice ‘Tillie’ Shirley - Apr. 3, 2014
- Charlotte Ann Ridder - Apr. 3, 2014
- Alice “Tillie” Shirley - Mar. 31, 2014
- Donnie R. Geist - Mar. 27, 2014
- Lanny DeWayne Mehl - Mar. 27, 2014
- Merlin M. Gardner - Mar. 27, 2014
- Ruth E. Holland - Mar. 20, 2014
- Twila M. Head - Mar. 20, 2014
- Vernice Maurine Degnan Leslie - Mar. 20, 2014
- Shawn M. Clinton - Mar. 20, 2014