Mac D. Newsom
Mac D. Newsom, 95, died July 9, 2014, at Sunrise Creek Assisted Living Center, Montrose, Colo.
Mac was born Feb. 13, 1919, in Scott City, the son of John and Faye
Following his high school graduation in 1937, Mac attended Kansas State University, Manhattan, graduating with a degree in civil engineering. He served during World War II with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
In October 1943, he married Nettie A. Schump.
After leaving the military, Mac began his career with the Bureau of Reclamation, working as an engineer on several dams in Nebraska, New Mexico and Colorado. His more recent project completions included Blue Mesa, Crystal and Silver Jack Reservoirs.
He was project engineer for the Silver Jack Reservoir.
Survivors include: two sons, Dean and wife, Pat, Sequim, Wash., and Gary, Montrose, Colo.; two daughters, Susan Godbey, and husband, Jonnie, and Janice Martinez and husband, Harvey, all of Montrose, Colo.; 10 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Nettie; one brother, Lew; and one granddaughter, Beth Godbey.
Funeral service was held July 15 at the Montrose Christian Church with Pastor Brian Goforth officiating.
Interment was at the Mountain View Cemetery, Longmont, Colo.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- Mac D. Newsom - Jul. 17, 2014
- Betty Lou Voth - Jul. 10, 2014
- Elsie Wren - Jul. 10, 2014
- Joyce Eileen Lewis - Jul. 10, 2014
- Duane Albert Donecker - Jul. 2, 2014
- Ramon Holguin-Gonzalez - Jul. 2, 2014
- Isaac Cristoval Holguin - Jul. 2, 2014
- Howard Langley Spitzer - Jul. 2, 2014
- Nathalie Aytes - Jul. 2, 2014
- Thelma R. Bland - Jun. 26, 2014
- Lowell J. Paulsen - Jun. 26, 2014
- Jamie Delyn Mumma - Jun. 26, 2014
- Leo G. Cramer - Jun. 26, 2014