Violet I. Kerr
Violet I. Kerr, 100, died Feb. 20, 2015, at the Logan County Manor, Oakley.
She was born on Oct. 24, 1914, in Gove County, the daughter of Robert A. and Iva Mae (Wright) Russell.
She was a child care provider and nanny.
Survivors include: one brother, Howard Russell, Sidney, Nebr.; one godson, two grandchildren, nine great-grandchildren, 11 great-great-grandchildren and two great-great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her two husbands, Clarence Clay and Emmett Kerr; one son, Royce Clay; four brothers, Elmer, Orval, Keith, and Kenneth Russell; and one sister, Dorothy Burris.
Funeral service will be held Sat., Feb. 28, 10:30 a.m., at Kennedy-Koster Funeral Home.
Interment will be in Pyramid View Cemetery, Gove County.
There will be no visitation.
Memorials may be made to Logan County Healthcare Foundation in care of Kennedy-Koster Funeral Home, Box 221, Oakley, Ks. 67748.
Condolences can be left at www.kennedykosterfh.com.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- Violet I. Kerr - Feb. 27, 2015
- James Faye ‘Jim’ Cooley - Feb. 27, 2015
- Frances Marie Thurston - Feb. 27, 2015
- Jay Roger Muench - Feb. 27, 2015
- Willis Olen Crowley - Feb. 19, 2015
- Alice Gwen McKinney Robertson - Feb. 12, 2015
- Jacquelin Susan Wendler - Feb. 12, 2015
- Celine Therese Wimmer - Feb. 12, 2015
- MaryAnn Claire Winter - Feb. 12, 2015
- Angela Sue Simpson - Feb. 5, 2015
- Phyllis Ann Long - Feb. 5, 2015