Kenneth ‘Kenny’ Nickelson
Kenneth “Kenny” Nickelson, 77, died May 12, 2013, at the Dignity Care Home in Salina.
He was born Oct. 22, 1935, at Englewood, Colo., the son of Reuben and Bernice (Feuerhelm) Nickelson.
He graduated from Scott Community High School in 1955 and served in the US Air Force from 1956-60.
On Nov. 15, 1963, he married Lois Gfeller at Colby. She survives.
They lived on a farm south of Oakley in Logan County.
Other survivors include: one son, Stan, and wife, Brenda, Salina; one sister, Marlo Wiechman, and husband, Don, Scott City; and two grandchildren, Destinee Nickelson and Dawson Nickelson.
He was preceded in death by his parents and twin brother, Keith.
Funeral service will be held Sat., May 18, 1:00 p.m., at Kennedy-Koster Funeral Home, Oakley.
Visitation will be held Friday from 5:00-8:00 p.m. and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until service time at the funeral home.
Interment will be in the Oakley Cemetery with military honors provided by the U.S. Air Force, McConnell Air Force Base, Wichita.
Memorials may be sent to Dignity Care Home, Salina, or Logan County Healthcare Foundation, in care of the funeral home, Box 221, Oakley, Ks. 67748.
E-condolences may be given at www.kennedykosterfh.com.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- Kenneth ‘Kenny’ Nickelson - May. 16, 2013
- Elizabeth Grube - May. 9, 2013
- Boyd Tuttle - May. 9, 2013
- Charles Cox - May. 9, 2013
- Nellora E. Holstein - May. 9, 2013
- Joseph Andrew Trembley - May. 9, 2013
- Mary Agnes Schreck - May. 2, 2013
- Father David Kraus - May. 2, 2013
- Beverly Joyce Oliver - Apr. 25, 2013
- Wilford D. Crist - Apr. 25, 2013
- Martin James Brau - Apr. 25, 2013
- Wayne S. Bentley - Apr. 25, 2013