Albert Dean, 98, died July 7, 2016, at the Scott County Hospital, Scott City.
He was born on Oct. 9, 1917, in Rush County, the son of William
W. and Bessie Naomi (Brewer) Dean.
A resident of Scott City since 1932, moving from Rush County, he was a farmer.
Albert was a member of the First Baptist Church, Scott City. He was a U.S. Navy veteran of WWII.
On Sept. 20, 1941, he married Mary Alice Graham in Sharon Springs. She died Nov. 1, 2008.
Surviviors include: one son, Lynn Dean, and wife, Jeannie, Idaho Falls, Ida.; one daughter, Carol Davey, and husband, Jerry, Amarillo, Tex.; one brother, William Dean, Colorado Springs, Colo.; one sister, Doris Whinery, Norman, Okla.; five grandsons, 10 great-grandchildren and seven great-great grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Mary Alice; two brothers and two sisters.
Funeral service was July 13 at the First Baptist Church, Scott City, with Rev. Kyle Evans officiating. Interment was at the Scott County Cemetery.
Memorials are sugguested to the First Baptist Church or Park Lane Nursing Home in care of Price and Sons Funeral Home, 401 S. Washington Street, Scott City, Ks. 67871.
Condolences may be sent to the family through the funeral home website at priceandsons.com.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- Marilyn J. Speer - Jul. 14, 2016
- Karen M. Piper - Jul. 14, 2016
- Norma Thomas - Jul. 14, 2016
- Don L. Taylor - Jul. 14, 2016
- Albert Dean - Jul. 14, 2016
- Gene H. West - Jul. 14, 2016
- Dr. Randy Lee Freeman - Jun. 30, 2016
- Lucas Todd Matthies - Jun. 30, 2016
- Robert R. Short - Jun. 30, 2016
- Ralph B. Payne - Jun. 30, 2016
- August Sylvester ‘Augie’ Baker - Jun. 30, 2016