Larry Luke Haverfield
Larry Luke Haverfield, 77, died Sept. 21, 2014, at Citizens Medical Center, Colby.
He was born Nov. 20, 1936, at Scott City, the son of
John R. and Edith A. (Luke) Haverfield.
Larry graduated from Scott Community High School in 1954. A rancher, wildlife conservationist and a lifetime resident of Western Kansas, he was a member of Audubon of Kansas and Defenders of Wildlife.
On May 19, 1954, he married Bette Talbott in Dalhart, Tex.
Survivors include: his wife, Russell Springs; two sons, Calvin Haverfield, and wife, Lillie, Russell Springs, and Jay Haverfield and wife, Joy, Colby; three daughters, Nancy Parkhurst, and husband, Rick, Kerrville, Tex., Cathy Lucas and husband, R.W., Sublette, and Dawn McKinney and husband, Doug, Leoti; one sister, Ruth Ann Burtner, and husband, Charles, Scottsdale, Ariz.; one niece, one nephew, 15 grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Funeral service will be held Fri., Sept. 26, 2:00 p.m., at Carwood Community Church (formerly Parks Presbyterian Church), northwest Wichita County, with Rev. Paul McNall officiating.
Burial will be at the Carwood Cemetery.
Memorials may be given to Audubon of Kansas, the Defenders of Wildlife Conservation or the donor’s choice in care of Price and Sons Funeral Home, 202 N. 4th, Leoti, Ks. 67861.
Condolences may be sent to the family through the funeral home website at priceandson.com.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
Obituaries This Week
- Larry Luke Haverfield - Sep. 25, 2014
- Timothy James Jones - Sep. 18, 2014
- Wilbert C. Koehn - Sep. 18, 2014
- Wilma Carson - Sep. 18, 2014
- Earl L. Gorman - Sep. 18, 2014
- James R. Spangler - Sep. 18, 2014
- Doris M. Hemel - Sep. 11, 2014
- Walter Alvin Sears - Sep. 11, 2014
- Alvis Thayne Nichols - Sep. 4, 2014
- Nila Jean Keltner - Sep. 4, 2014
- Barbara Marcellee Clark - Sep. 4, 2014